Select a tab below to review the Registration Rules and Tournament Regulations for the 2018 Red Lake Fall Classic.
Download a 2018 Registration Form – please review the Registration Rules before filling out and returning this form. Please note that an e-transfer can be sent to email@example.com password “fishing” accompanied by online registration form.
1. Starting positions for 2018 tournament will be determined by the anglers’ finishing position from the previous year. For example: if you finish in position #5 during the 2017 tournament you will be guaranteed position #5 or higher in the 2018 tournament as long as you register and pay prior to April 27th, 2018.
2. Registration for the 2018 Red Lake Fall Classic will be open to returning anglers only from March 1, 2018 up to and including April 27, 2018. Returning anglers are those who physically fished the previous year. Anglers who were disqualified in the previous year will not qualify for the next year’s tournament starting placements. Any registrations received before March 1, 2018 will be returned immediately. The preferred method of registration and payment is now through the ‘Registration’ tab on the Homepage and email money transfer. We will still accept registrations and payments that are hand delivered to the CCDC office in Red Lake at 137 Howey Street, or mailed to the Red Lake Fall Classic Committee at P.O. Box 250, Red Lake ON, P0V 2M0.
3. At least one member of each current team must have been a member of that team in the previous year. If it is the captain of the team from the past year that is on the current team, he/she must remain as captain. If it is the partner from the past year remaining on the current team, the partner becomes and must remain the captain of that team for the current year.
4. At least one member of the originally registered team from May 1 onward must remain with the team up to and including the tournament or the boat will be cancelled. This means that at the time of initial registration:
a) if you sign up (register) as an individual (one person, partner to be determined) for a boat in the tournament, you must remain with the boat for the tournament, and
b) if partners sign up (register) for a boat in the tournament, one of the two must remain with the boat for the tournament.
5. Each team must complete a registration form. The form can be obtained under the ‘Registration Form’ tab under ‘Rules and Regs’ or can be filled out online on our new form-fillable document.
6. At least one complete name, address and phone number must be provided with every registration. The full registration fee of $425.00 Canadian funds (cash, money order, cheque or email money transfer) must accompany the registration form. Cheques must be made payable to the Red Lake Fall Classic Committee. USD FUNDS MUST BE SENT THROUGH THE MAIL.
7. For all Non-sufficient funds (NSF) cheques a charge of $50 will be applied. Fees must be paid in full within 5 business days of receiving notice or anglers will forfeit position for the year.
8. Big Fish is now included in the registration fee.
9. Post dated cheques are NOT accepted and will be immediately returned to the sender.
10. New entries will be accepted, starting May 1, 2018, by registration and payment through the ‘Registration’ tab on the Homepage & email money transfer OR mailed to the Red Lake Fall Classic Committee at P.O. Box 250, Red Lake ON, P0V 2M0. The full entry fee must be attached to the registration form or email money transferred in order to secure your spot. The ‘2018 Teams’ list will be updated actively on the website as they are received, as time permits. Check website for updates.
11. Once a field of 130 teams is filled, entries will be placed on a Waiting List in the order that their entry was received. In the event of a scratch or cancellation, waiting list anglers must have full intentions of fishing the tournament as they will be contacted with a confirmation in the order that their entry and payment was received to fill the newly created vacancy. The same rules apply for submission of payment (either EMT or mailed to P.O Box 250, Red Lake ON, P0V 2M0. Cheques will NOT be accepted at the CCDC office.
12. Full field for the tournament is 130 boats.
13. Cancellations will be accepted up to 7 days prior to the tournament (up to 4:00 pm Friday August 24, 2018 for the 2018 tournament). If a team must cancel, that team CAN NOT sell their spot to any other person. The Red Lake Fall Classic Committee must be notified of the cancellation before the deadline to qualify for a refund. The entry fee will be refunded less a $50.00 administration fee to the captain only.
14. At least one member of each team MUST be in attendance at “registration night” for the final reading of the rules. Other important information may be shared on this night, and it is preferred that both team members attend. Registration Night takes place at the Legion in Red Lake on Friday, August 31st, 2018. Doors open at 5:30 pm, and the Rules Review begins at 7:00 pm.
15. The Committee reserves the right to refuse entry to any individual or team for any reason that the tournament committee may deem appropriate.
16. “Spirit of the Tournament” All rules have “loopholes”. It is the intention of the organizers to provide an honest, sportsman-like, tournament. In the interest of sportsmanship, contestants are reminded that the “spirit of the tournament” will prevail in all judgement cases and the decisions of the Red Lake Fall Classic Committee are final.
1. STARTING POSITIONS and TIMES will be determined according to:
a) finishing positions from 2017 tournament for returning anglers
b) earliest date of paid entry for new entries
All entries must be received and paid by 7:00pm Friday, August 31st, 2018 to be eligible. A full field shall be 130 teams. All new entries are on a first come first serve basis. Entries must be accompanied by payment in full. Cancellations will be accepted up to Friday August 24, 2018. If a team has to cancel that team cannot sell their spot to any other person, their entry fee will be refunded, less a $50.00 administration fee. NO REFUNDS after August 24th, 2018, unless due to extreme circumstances and committee will make final decision.
2. Pre-tournament practice will cease at 3:00 pm on Friday August 31st, 2018.
3. The Red Lake Fall Classic Committee retains the right to change or amend these rules at their discretion. Final set of rules will be reviewed at the Friday night rule meeting at the Legion Hall, Friday, August 31st, 2018. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. A member from each team must sign-in before 7:00 p.m. and remain in attendance until all tournament rules are read.
4. Each boat must be checked by tournament officials at the beginning and end of each day. Contestants checking in late at the end of each day will be given an 8 oz. per minute penalty per infraction. ANY boat 5 minutes late will be ineligible for weigh-in and will have no weight for the day. FOR THE SAFETY OF EVERYONE, ALL CONTESTANTS MUST CHECK IN AT THE STARTING BOAT(PONTOON)OR WEIGH-IN DOCKS AT EACH DAY END. Boats may be checked by tournament officials at any time during the tournament. Boats refusing to allow inspection by a tournament official will be disqualified. Any boat that does not check in with tournament officials is automatically disqualified from the tournament and the next year’s tournament.
5. The tournament boundaries will be all bodies of water accessible by water from Red Lake. (5 LAKES!!)
6. Contestants under 16 years of age must have their parents’ written consent. One team member must be 18 years of age or older. All participants must carry a valid Ontario Fishing License as per Ontario Law.
7.A maximum of 4 fish per team, per day, may be presented for official weighing. Saugers are considered walleye for the duration of the tournament and will be allowed for weigh-in. No more than 4 fish may be retained in any boat at any time. Infractions will result in disqualification. Only 1 walleye per day, 23″ and over may be retained. Only 3 walleye per day, one per member 18″ and under may be retained. OR up to 4 fish 18″ and under. The longest measurement of fish will prevail at the 18″ and the 23″ side.
8. Any fish that are in question as to whether they are 18” or 23″ will be measured by two tournament officials who must show the Angler the discrepancy. All fish in the tub found with any weights will be penalized 16 oz. The Red Lake Fall Classic Committee will handle all disqualifications.
9. A maximum of 4 fish per team, per day, (3 under slot, 1 over slot or 4 under slot), may be presented for official weighing.
10. Fish will be weighed throughout tournament hours to reduce stress caused by holding fish too long in live wells. The scales will be closed one hour before official weigh-ins begin.
11. The determination of stressed or dead fish will be made in the live well before weighing. In the opinion of tournament officials:
– any fish not swimming upright will be considered stressed
– any fish deemed incapable of recovery will be considered dead
12. Stressed fish will receive a penalty of 25% of the total weight of the fish. Dead fish will receive a penalty of 50% of the total weight. Stressed or dead fish are not eligible to win the ‘Big Fish’ after the penalty.
13. Any fish entered to win the ‘Big Fish’ must be bagged separately.
14. Any fish that appears to be altered in any way may be ineligible for weigh-in.
15. The Red Lake Fall Classic Committee is not responsible for fizzing fish.
16. Aerated live wells are mandatory. Temporary live wells are acceptable (i.e. large cooler with aerator). The use of water treatment chemicals which are legally available in Ontario is recommended in live wells. All fish must be kept in the live well at all times.
17. All contestants may use live bait.
18. The Red Lake Fall Classic Committee encourages the use of barbless hooks.
19. All ties will be determined by the highest weight the second day.
20. Each boat will be assigned a boat number sticker, which must be affixed to the passenger side of the motor or a clearly visible place at all times.
21 All participants must wear life jackets or approved P.F.D., and a tethered “kill switch” if equipped, while travelling faster than trolling or drifting speeds. All boats equipped with a tethered kill switch must use it. Failure to wear a life jacket above trolling or drifting speed will result in a 16 oz. penalty per violation.
22. Boats must not come into contact with another boat and the passing of objects between teams will result in disqualification. Teams must not tow another boat unless dangerous conditions exist. Anglers are provided with an emergency phone number and the numbers of local mechanics in case of a breakdown. The Red Lake Fall Classic Committee is not responsible or liable for any breakdowns. Obnoxious or disruptive behaviour towards non-competitors and competitors alike will be grounds for disqualification and/or rejection of entry applications.
23. Any competitor stepping ashore without approval or accompaniment by a tournament official may be disqualified, except in life-threatening circumstances (lightning, etc.)
24. There must be a team of two persons per boat. The same two competitors who start the tournament must finish, except in the case of an extreme and exceptional circumstance. The Red Lake Fall Classic Committee must be notified of any changes.
25. No alcoholic beverages or non-prescribed drugs may be on any competitor’s boat or consumed by any competitor while on the water. Infractions will result in disqualification.
26. There will be a “NO WAKE ZONE” beginning at the CHUKUNI BRIDGE AND EXTENDING PAST THE MARKERS. There will be a penalty of 16 oz. for any infraction.
27. Official fishing times as per trickle starts found on this website.
28. Competitors may be subjected to a lie detector test.
29. Any tournament contestant may submit a written protest to the Red Lake Fall Classic Committee for consideration prior to 5:00 pm on Sunday, September 2, 2018. The contestant will be required to provide a $100.00 cash deposit with each protest. The deposit will be refunded only if the protest is upheld.
30. Competitors may be disqualified by the Red Lake Fall Classic Committee for any violation of the tournament rules and will not receive a refund for their entry fee. Disqualification will forfeit any prizes owing to the competitors.
31. It is the intention of the Red Lake Fall Classic Committee to provide an honest, sportsmanlike tournament. Contestants are reminded that the “spirit” of the rules will prevail in all judgment cases.
“All decisions of the Red Lake Fall Classic Committee are final”